Ngā Taiātea Wharekura Latest News
Sports Funding Sponsorship Available
Ngā Taiātea Wharekura has been selected to administer sporting sponsorships for our tauira, generously given by Apollo Projects.
The funds are to be used for individual students that meet the following criteria:
- There is a demonstrable need (e.g., disadvantaged circumstances) or financial barrier to participation in sport meaning the student might not participate
- The individual shows positive interest, ability and potential in their sport
- Funding would assist in potentially providing a better long-term outcome for that student in sport and life
- Funding could cover direct payment of sports fees, sporting equipment, support services, travel to events etc.
How to apply:
- Students would apply for the Apollo Projects Sports Grant via this online form, which would be reviewed and approved by the Sports Committee. Please note that your application is strictly confidential unless agreed otherwise with you.
- A limit of $500 per student per annum* to be applied
- If your application is successful, the agreed costs will be paid on behalf of the student (the funding will not be paid directly to the student).
*For this grant, the funding year is from now until 31 August 2023.
The applications are to be made ahead of time – payments will not be made after the event.
Apollo Projects is a leading New Zealand design and construction company with significant experience in the Hamilton region. The team has worked on local projects for the likes of, Open Country Dairy, Class Harvest Centre, and Innovation Waikato. Currently, Apollo is working on the King Country Indoor Sports and Recreation Centre and is completing two significant cold store projects at the new Ruakura Superhub. Their dedicated team thoroughly enjoy delivering projects that support businesses and communities.