Ngā Amorangi: Student Leadership
All Year 13 students have a leadership role as Pouwhakawhirinaki for the Year 9 to 12 students.
All Year 12 and 13 students are required to lead by example. Year 13 students are also selected by the students and staff to lead key focuses within Ngā Taiātea Wharekura.
These focuses related back to the Taiātea Graduate (Oranga Tukuihotanga, Tinana, Hinengaro, Wairua, Whanau).
- Focused on fulfilling the responsibilities of his/her portfolio
- Is committed to staying at school right through to the end of the school year.
- Practices our kura values consistently in all he/she does ngā Uaratanga (Mana Tangata, Whanaungatanga, Kawenga, Aroha) etc are practised in all their areas of responsibility
- Strives for a high standard of academic achievement
- Good social skills across all levels Participates in school-wide activities
- Immaculate uniform and presentation at all times
- Sets a good example, for Ngā Taiātea Wharekura students, in all areas of school and wider community life.
- All Amorangi are ambassadors of the school internally and externally
- Fully support the tuakana/teina relationships within the Wharekura