Taumata 1,2,3: Course Outlines and Modules
Taumata 1, 2 and 3 (NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3): Courses and Module Information
Taumata 1, 2 and 3 courses are based on Curriculum Levels (CL) 6, 7 and 8 of the New Zealand Curriculum (NZC) and Te Marautanga o Aotearoa (TMoA) respectively.
Please remember that each year long course is broken up into term modules that are taught during each term. All students need to think very deeply about their interests, passions and goals and select modules that are relevant to them.
This means for example that a student may do a Paangarau module from line “B” in term 2 and then cross over to a Koiora module in line “B” in term 3. Ko te mea nui, me aata whakarite i to Rautaki Ako (Learning Plan) kia aata whakatakoto i o kaupapa mo te tau e tu mai nei.
Please read the guidelines so you are aware of what you can and can’t do. The older the students is, the more freedom and power they have.
Taumata 1, 2 me te 3 - Nga Aronui (Courses/ Modules)
- Te Reo Rangatira T1(CL5-6),T2(CL7),T3(CL8)
- Matauranga Maori – Tikanga/Reo T2-3(CL6-8)
- Te Reo Paakehaa (English) T1LiteracyUS-TWh(CL4-5), T1 LiteracyUS-MWC(CL4-5),T1(CL6),T1(CL6+),T2s(CL6-7),T2i(CL7),T3(CL8)
- Paangarau (Mathematics) T1NumeracyUS(CL4-5), T1(CL5-6),T1(CL6),T1(CL6+),T2(CL6-7)Trades&Uni, T2i(CL7)Uni Focus,T3(CL8)Stats
- Putaiao (Science) T1Numeracythrough Science (CL6) , T1(CL6)
- Matai Koiora (Biology) T2(CL7), T3(CL8)
- Ahupuungao (Physics) T2(CL7),T3(CL8)
- O Kawekawe (Chemistry) T2(CL7),T3 (CL8)
- Kaiurungi (History) T1(CL6),T2(CL7),T3(CL8)
- Kaipakihi (Business Studies) T1(CL6),T2(CL7),T3(CL8)
- Papaoho (Media Studies)T2-3(CL6-8) Correspondence with MCW
- Tāpoi (Tourism) T2-3(CL6-8)
- Raranga T1-T3(CL6-8)
- Toi (Art) T1(CL6), T2(CL7) , T3(CL8)
- Puoro (Music) T1(CL6) , T2 (CL7), T3(CL8)
- Hauora (Health and Physical Education) T1(CL6),(T2(CL7), T3(CL8)
- Takere Hapori T1 – 3 (Courses offered by the Correspondence school, Wananga, Universities, Polytechnics etc)
- Tuu Taua (Maori Martial Arts) T1-3(CL6-8)
- TOA (High Performance Sport) T1-3(CL6-8)
- Kia Angitu T1-3(CL6-8)