Putake 1 - 2: Course Outlines and Modules
Putake 1 and 2 : (Typically but not limited to Year 9 and 10) Course and Module Information
Courses at this level come from Curriculum Levels (CL) 2-5 of the New Zealand Curriculum and Te Marautanga o Aotearoa. Teachers may begin some courses at a lower level of the curriculum to ensure there are no gaps in students’ learning before accelerating and advancing into higher curriculum levels as students progress with their learning.
Please remember that each year long course is broken up into term modules that are taught during each term. All students need to think very deeply about their interests, passions and goals and select modules that are relevant to them.
This means for example that a student may do an Art module from line “B” in term 2 and then cross over to an IT module in line “B” in term 3. Ko te mea nui, me aata whakarite i to Rautaki Ako (Learning Plan) kia aata whakatakoto i o kaupapa mo te tau e tu mai nei. Please read the guidelines so you are aware of what you can and can’t do. The older the students is, the more freedom and power they have.
Putake 1 - 2 Aronui (Courses/ Modules)
- Te Reo Maori P1(CL3-4),P1(CL4),P2(CL4+)
- Te Reo Pakeha (English) P1(CL2-3),P1(CL3-4),P1(CL4+), P2(CL4-5), P2(CL5),
- Paangarau (Mathematics) P1(CL3-4),P2(CL5)
- Putaiao (Science) P1(CL4-5),P2(CL5)
- Toi (Art) P1(CL4),P2(CL5)
- Rorohiko (Computer Coding) P1(CL4),P2(CL5)
Puoro (Music) P1(CL4),P2 (CL5)
- Kaipakihi (Business and Entrepreneurship) P1(CL4-5), P2(CL4,5&6)
- Putaiao (Science) P1(CL4),P2(CL5)
- Raranga (Weaving and Fabric) P1&2(CL4-5)
- Hauora (Physical Education) P1-2(CL4-5)
- Kaiurungi (History and Leadership) P1(CL4) , P2(CL5)
- Tuu Taua (Maori Martial Arts) P1 -2(CL2-6)
- Reo Hapanihi (Japanese)P1-2(CL1-5)
- TOA (High Performance Sport Programme) P1-2(CL4 – 5)
- Kia Angitu P1-T3(CL4 – 8)